Are you fed up with trying to access your AOL Mail account through different ways but you are ending up with nothing? Well, there could be different scenarios when you are not able to access your AOL account and now it has become very tough for you to get back into your account. Sometimes, users also try to reset AOL password but that too goes in vain. So, in that case, you first need to figure out the reasons that might be causing a hindrance in the password reset process.
Hence, we have dedicated this post to all the users who are trying to figure out a way out of this problem so that they can access their important emails once again. Being an AOL Mail Login user, it is important that you have access to your verification details so that AOL could recognize you as a verified user and at the same time allow you to access your account once again.
Why is AOL password reset not working?
In case you are trying to reset your AOL account password and you are wondering why you cannot do that, then most probably, it might be happening due to the following reasons:
Network connectivity failure
If the network connection on your device is dropping again and again or the network is slow in your area, then you may probably face issues while trying to access different features of your AOL account including the features to reset the password. Thus, it is important that you connect your device to a secure network so that you can complete each action on your AOL account.
The AOL password reset process also does not work when there is a problem with your web browser. Therefore, it is important that you keep on cleaning your device’s cache for a smoother running of web browsers. Despite entering the correct passwords, you might still see some irrelevant errors on your device which tell you that the system could not reset AOL password.
Incorrect recovery answer
If you are unable to reset the password of your account, then it is possible that you have not fed the correct password recovery answers and it might also be possible that you are choosing the invalid password recovery option. Therefore, it is essential that you stay alert while choosing an account recovery option and verifying your identity.
If you see that you could not reset aol password, then it is possible that your account is hacked. A hacked account is very difficult to recover as compared to an account that has not been hacked. Similarly, AOL users may also face issues such as aol password reset not working and so on.
After knowing the major causes, let us now try to learn more about the ways to fix this issue.
The correct aol email password reset process
Well, it is also a possibility that you are following an incorrect method to reset aol password:
- At first, you need to go to https://login.aol.com
- Now, on the login page, enter your username first
- After you’ve entered your username, select “Next”
- Thereafter, you need to enter your account login password
- If you enter an incorrect password, you will see the incorrect password error message
- Thereafter, you can click on the “Forgot Password?” option
- Next up, the “AOL Sign In Helper” will open on your screen
- Followed by this, you need to follow some on-screen prompts to reset your password
How to change AOL password?
If resetting the password is not your concern and you only wish to know the process to change aol password, then you can follow the steps given below:
- At first, you need to log in to your AOL account
- After this, click on your profile picture
- This might be available on the right of your screen
- Now, you need to click on the “Account Security” option
- Here, you need to find and click on the “Change Password” option
- You might need to enter your current password first
- Thereafter, you can enter your new password which you want to keep
- That is how you can change the password of your AOL Mail account
In today’s article, we have clearly learned the process to reset as well as change your AOL password. Although our major focus was on the reasons why we could not reset our passwords, we still managed to cover a lot of things in this post. We hope that you found the information given here valuable.