How to recall an email in Outlook?
Accidentally sent an unfinished email and realized you forgot to mention some important details in it? Well, there could be nothing more annoying than this, and when it comes to un-send that email which you sent accidentally, many email clients do not have any such feature. Although some of them might have this feature, it is for a short duration and may disappear within a few moments. Fortunately, if you are using Outlook as your primary email client and you send an email from it accidentally, then you may easily recall email Outlook. But, most of us do not know how to recall an email in Outlook and keep on looking for answers for the same. So, in that case, you can always refer to this article and learn more about the email recalling feature.
What is required to recall Outlook email?
Once an email is sent, there is hardly any way to recall it. However, you can recall it if you are using Outlook for sending and receiving emails. However, there are a few requirements to recall an email in Outlook too. These pre-requirements are specified below:
- Both the sender as well as the recipient should be connected via the Microsoft Exchange server
- The recipient of the email has not opened the email sent by you yet
- You have sent the email within the same organization such as the Outlook desktop version or Microsoft 365
If any of the specified requirements are not met, then you may not be able to carry on with the recall message Outlook process. So, without further ado, let us begin our discussion on how to recall email in Outlook. Here we go.
Method to recall an email/message in Outlook
If you have been wondering how to recall a message in Outlook, then you may follow the steps given below if you are using Outlook version 2013, 2016, or Outlook 2010:
- First of all, you need to log in to your Outlook account
- If done, skip the login step and proceed with the rest of the steps
- Next up, you should navigate to the “sent” items folder of your account
- You can find it on the left side of the window
- Now, you need to select the message that you wish to recall or un-send
- Then, double-click on the same message
- On the new window, click on the “Actions” button
- Then, choose “Recall this message” from the given options using the drop-down menu
- Further, you have to choose one of the two options- delete the message or delete and replace it with the new one
- Based on your requirements, you can choose what you’d like to do
- After making your choice, click on the “OK” option
- And, you will see the confirmation message
This is how the Outlook recall message procedure works. After completing the steps on how to retract an email in Outlook, you may see one of the two messages. The two messages are as follows:
If the process on how to retract an email in Outlook got failed, you will see a message saying that your message “cannot be recalled.”
And if your message got successfully recalled, then you will see a message saying that your message or email “was successfully recalled.”
If you were able to recall your email in Outlook successfully, then you can compose a new email and send it to the preferred recipient. If did not, then you need to create a new message overall and tell the recipient that the previous one was sent by mistake. We hope that your query on how do you recall an email in Outlook is resolved after reading this article and applying the instructions given here. Visit:- AOL Mail Login.