As you may already know that an email account can be clubbed and used with other email accounts so as to avoid any confusion that you may have while using two accounts at the same time. Similar is the case with AOL mail. Users can easily link email accounts from other platforms with that of their AOL mail account. However, to do this, you need to ensure that you have access to the correct AOL mail server settings.
If you do not know what the server settings are or what are the AOL IMAP, POP3, and SMTP settings, then this article is just the right one for you. Because, we will be introducing you to the correct mail server settings for Outlook, Windows 10, Android, and other platforms.
So, we want you to stay tuned and read this post till the very last and you will definitely be able to use AOL with other email accounts.
Here are the correct AOL mail settings for Outlook
In case you are interested to know the correct AOL settings for Outlook, then here is the settings list you can check out:
AOL IMAP settings
- The IMAP incoming mail server settings for AOL is imap.AOL.com
- And, the outgoing mail server setting for the same is smtp.AOL.com
- While the port settings for the same is IMAP-993-SSL for incoming mail
- And, the port settings for the Outgoing mail server is SMTP-465-SSL
After learning the AOL IMAP settings outlook for AOL, let us now get to learn the POP3 settings for the same.
AOL POP3 settings
- The POP 3 AOL incoming mail server settings are pop.AOL.com
- And the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) settings are smtp.AOL.com
- On the other hand, the port settings for the incoming mail server is POP3-995-SSL
- And, the port settings for the outgoing mail server is SMTP-465-SSL
After learning about AOL pop settings, let us now learn how to use AOL mail with Outlook.
How to set up AOL mail on Outlook?
If you would like to use your AOL mail account as well as the Outlook account together, then the following steps would help you with that. To do the same, start applying these steps carefully:
- Start by opening the Outlook account on your Windows device
- Make sure that you know the settings for AOL mail settings for Windows 10
- When you are into your account, click on the “file” tab given at the top
- Navigate to the left pane and select the “Info” option
- Thereafter, what you need to do is click on “Add account”
- At this stage, you have to enter your email address and click “Connect”
- Then, enter the AOL email password of your account and click “Connect”
- When asked, you need to enter the AOL mail server settings
- Verify and make sure that all the details you have fed are correct
- Followed by this, click on the “Done” button
Now, your AOL account will be merged with that of your Outlook account. At this stage, you can ask one of your friends to send you an email on AOL to see if you are receiving the same copy on your Outlook account or not. If not, then you need to recheck the settings and ensure that every detail is correct.
A look at the incoming server settings for AOL on Android
If you want to set up and use your AOL account on your Android device, then you can use the following AOL mail server settings to make sure that you are able to do it.
- For email: write down your AOL email address
- In place of Password: enter your AOL email password
- The IMAP server settings should be: imap.AOL.com
- The Security type is: SSL
- The Port setting should be: 993
The article above talks about AOL mail server settings in detail. Apart from the details on IMAP or POP3 settings, we have also talked about the procedure that can be followed in case you wish to use your AOL mail account with your Outlook account. Just make sure that the steps are followed correctly and the details are fed in the correct order and place. This shall help you ensure a smooth merger of the two accounts.